Panamanian Chicken Sancocho
Delicious, hearty, cheap, and so easy to make.
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces;
- 1 tbsp oil;
- 3 crushed garlic cloves;
- 1 tsp black pepper;
- 2 tsp oregano;
- 4 tsp fresh cilantro;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 5 potatoes, peeled and cut into big chunks;
- Season the chicken with pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Brown the chicken in a big pot for a few minutes.
- Add water, onion, potatoes, salt, and cilantro. Reserve some cilantro for serving.
- Cook on low heat for 1.5 hours. My preference is to cook it longer, though – until the chicken is falling apart and the potatoes break up and dissolve.
Share with your fellow quarantiners abroad:
Still hungry? Have a look at the recipes below:
Caldo de Costilla