Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Without the Damn Noodles
I don’t think this soup is any good at fighting C-viruses, but it will surely help you survive the runny nose season easier, thanks to added ginger.
- 1 liter of chicken stock;
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast;
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger;
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped;
- 1 onion, finely chopped;
- 1 carrot, finely diced;
- 1 celery stick, finely diced;
- 1 potato, cubed;
- 2 tsp soy sauce, plus extra for serving
- Pour the broth into a pot and add chicken breast, ginger, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes together with potato and carrot. Add soy sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it into bite-size pieces with a fork.
- Purée 3⁄4 of veggies for a creamier consistency of the soup.
- Return the chicken together with the puréed veggies to the broth. Simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve with extra soy sauce.
Share with your fellow quarantiners abroad:
Still hungry? Have a look at the recipes below:
Spaghetti with Quails